Welcome to our new support forum!

It ‘s new  and a  bit lean but you can fix that. Jump in! Ask a question. Ask for help. Post a review. Let us hear from you. And thanks for stopping by.  We also have an a long established  forum on AudioCircle.com that has plenty of content and we invite you to visit us there as well.  – Morten

Visit our forum here as well. 

SSPB.V2 buffer boar…

Notifications
Clear all

SSPB.V2 buffer board and LDR.V25 controller  

Admin
(@morten)

reposted here on behalf of member jweldons

Hello,I purchased a sspb.v2 board to pair with a LDRv25 controller.

My plan was to put it in the same enclosure as the controller and just run it from the V25 output, going to a pair (split) output jacks from the SSPB. Any need to add resistor to the second output? Is there was any better way to attach or any problem with this?

Both would be run from a 12v 3A CUI power supply.  Both boards sharing the same star ground.

Topic Tags
1 Reply
1 Reply
Admin
(@morten)

Posted by: @morten

reposted here on behalf of member jweldons

Hello,I purchased a sspb.v2 board to pair with a LDRv25 controller.

My plan was to put it in the same enclosure as the controller and just run it from the V25 output, going to a pair (split) output jacks from the SSPB. Any need to add resistor to the second output? Is there was any better way to attach or any problem with this?

Both would be run from a 12v 3A CUI power supply.  Both boards sharing the same star ground.

If you intend to run one pair of unbuffered outputs from the V25 and another pair of buffered outputs from the SSPB.V2, the only potential issue to watch out for is that the buffer might impose a DC offset on the unbuffered output depending on how you have the SSPB.V2 configured. This might cause a transient on the unbuffered output when applying or removing power from the buffer. We noticed that on an earlier build with an earlier version of the SSPB which did NOT have split voltage so there was considerable DC offset. This should be less of a problem with the buffer version you have since it uses split voltage and the DC offsets are lower and can possibly be trimmed to near zero. 

The power supply is way more than enough since the SSPB and LDR.V25 probably don’t pull more than 300 ma together. We run them on a 0.5A supply with no problem including with an OLED display. 

Share:

Scroll to Top