Welcome to our new support forum!

It ‘s new  and a  bit lean but you can fix that. Jump in! Ask a question. Ask for help. Post a review. Let us hear from you. And thanks for stopping by.  We also have an a long established  forum on AudioCircle.com that has plenty of content and we invite you to visit us there as well.  – Morten

Visit our forum here as well. 

LED on J7 (V25 prea…

Notifications
Clear all

LED on J7 (V25 preamp controller)  

Customer
(@david-woodward)

I am preparing for my build of a LDR3V25 into my own chassis. I intend to include an LED to show status. I had originally thought I would wire this directly inline with 12vdc line, I also intend to have a front power switch. My question is what does this 2 pin connector on J7 2nd from left provide? Is it also 12V out to show power to board or does it provide different behaviour (amp in on state?) and is it a 12v line? I have read through the build docs but can’t find any info on this pin out.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
1 Reply
Admin
(@morten)

Posted by: @david-woodward

I am preparing for my build of a LDR3V25 into my own chassis. I intend to include an LED to show status. I had originally thought I would wire this directly inline with 12vdc line, I also intend to have a front power switch. My question is what does this 2 pin connector on J7 2nd from left provide? Is it also 12V out to show power to board or does it provide different behaviour (amp in on state?) and is it a 12v line? I have read through the build docs but can’t find any info on this pin out.

Thanks in advance

J7.LED on the V25 preamp controller board is a status LED output. It’s driven directly by a mircrocontroller output pin and operates at 3.3V. In most cases you can put an LED across the J7.LED pins without a current limiting resistor but advise you use one anyway to limit current and avoid damaging the controller chip. The pin marked LED is the +V side and the opposite pin is the ground. 

In truth we’ve not explicitly tested the status LED behavior in over 2+ years. It’s a legacy status output that predates our newer visual displays but we’ve kept it alive as a simple on/off status indicator. It might also blink under certain state conditions indicating a process in progress (calibration comes to mind) or when the unit is muted. Again, we’ve not tested these lately. Fairly certain it will turn on when the preamp is turned on and turn off when it’s off. 

Customer
(@david-woodward)

Tried the pin out but I had already sourced a 12v nice looking LED so was too dim off this output, so went to original plan of taking a 12v feed off the power connector on the main board. Works well enough. PS didn’t see the LED do any tricks to indicate special conditions, only on and off. So nothing gained from taking off these pin outs

Share:

Scroll to Top